Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Latex Levelling in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Got a concrete floor to level out with latex levelling compound,going to grind down a section that is high and I also need to purchase a pin leveller,not done one as big or as out as this,any info this subject would be much appreciated,regards Darren

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
image.jpeg
This is what i use now, its a 'speedskim' .
I bought it for the lads for skimming but they couldnt get along with it, i don't blame them, they are crap.
But with the pole attatchment they are great for SLC , saves the back.
I think they do 2/4/8 foot lenths, i have the 4 foot (1.2 mt)

W

White Room

View attachment 77088 This is what i use now, its a 'speedskim' .
I bought it for the lads for skimming but they couldnt get along with it, i don't blame them, they are crap.
But with the pole attatchment they are great for SLC , saves the back.
I think they do 2/4/8 foot lenths, i have the 4 foot (1.2 mt)

I was about to ask when I started reading your post how good they were and you answered, not worth all the hype then.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was about to ask when I started reading your post how good they were and you answered, not worth all the hype then.
Not for me or the lads mark, you can lay the big areas quicker , but you still have to sort your angles , unless ofcoarse if your a site skimmer and don't care to much about your angles ;)
Great for floors though :)

Reaction score
Good to hear about the pool trowel,I understand the that the curved corner doesn't leave a line,and the speed skim sounds interesting,seen a couple of people using them,both are possibilities,has anyone tried the pin or skid levellers ?

L

LM

Lads I have also got a backroad in flooring and if your good enough with a large trowel nothing can beat it when combined with a spiked roller. The secret is to fully extend your arm in large arcs then you can get massive feed back through your wrist which then let's you adjust where and how much leveller a specific area needs. Takes a bit of practice but it's fantastic when you master it. It's much quicker than a rake as well and you'd be surprised with the results when you put your two metre edge over the floor when your floor has set.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Pin levellers are no good on a floor that is massively out and IMO are only good for latexing floors that are already flat and are having vinyl laid. As above, trowel and spiked roller for me

L

LM

Getting rid of air bubbles is vital for soft flooring, but the benefits of a spiked roller in relation to tiling for me are that it removes any ridges that might be left with certain levelling compounds and just helps to level things out that extra small bit, and it's that extra small effort that makes all the difference in our trade

Reply to Latex Levelling in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks