Search the forum,

Discuss Just had my kitchen tiled with mosaics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Full rip out and start again.
If it was just one area of concern the same guy might be able to improve but it’s a catalogue of errors- poor trim mitring, incorrect mitring method. Poor cutting against window, gap too large and grouted between tile and window sill, tiles jutting out, tiles misaligned, grout everywhere, grout missing and tile cuts missing!

That’s just off the top of my head. The guy can’t honestly be a Tiler.

One thing that is also worth noting- if the guy can’t get the visual stuff right by making so many errors, what hope is there for things you can’t see! Poor preparation of walls, priming of the wall and adhesive used.

Tirccir

TF
Derby
@Adey1980 Adey* sorry autocorrect.

@timeless john - there's about 30 300mm x 300mm tiles used here. Thankfully I have 12 left over. I'll save some if I can but I would understand why @Localtiler wouldn't want to use reclaimed. I also haven't paid the guy yet as it was only done on Friday.

@Waluigi I hadn't thought that far but it's a fair comment. No idea. I guess on the bright side is if he hasn't prepared the walls very well, the tiles will be easier to remove? I also like your suggestion of no trim down the reveals, though the trim along the top I'd be interested to see how that would look. Neither were suggested to me.

@jcrtiling what do you mean by abutments?

Overall, thanks for all the feedback people. Unfortunately, I have spoken to him since and he doesn't think he's done a bad job.

Any suggestions on how I should tackle removing them all? What should I do if I end up removing plaster? Is this something I should do to aid the next tiler or would it be better if they did it? Always happy to pitch in and can't imagine it's something anyone would want to do.

Reply to Just had my kitchen tiled with mosaics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen