Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Is this job acceptable? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi

please let me know your thoughts on this job.

Am I also correct in saying that the wall hasn’t been tanked?

Thanks

AFFF477F-D47E-4C78-A5CD-BDE8356CA169.jpeg
E4694B9F-008E-4639-AFE1-F5DA1B33463D.jpeg
E46B0364-4781-4886-961D-9D002EB3D996.jpeg
172E889E-EC38-4A4D-AA75-B7FF45121A9F.jpeg
39BDA846-A673-48EC-AFC9-3C328DA64584.jpeg

Reaction score
New to tile and just doing my City and Guilds and I would say this job is unacceptable as grout poor and there appears to be gaps?

Reaction score
All i would say the choice of tiles from the the manufacturer " Johnson Tiles " are some times impossible to make a decent job because of the poor quality of the tiles themselves
"You cannot make a silk purse out a pigs ear "
You can google Johnson tiles reviews and are pretty negative

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi

please let me know your thoughts on this job.

Am I also correct in saying that the wall hasn’t been tanked?

Thanks

View attachment 123700 View attachment 123701 View attachment 123702 View attachment 123703 View attachment 123704
Does not look the best !! But a question that made me think also , is why tank walls if you don't tank the floor , and the floor should be tanked into a drain !! What is it with tanking a wall down to a bath level , and then relying on the seal of silicone to protect the rest of the area !water will always follow gravity ! Unless a whole room is tanked , it is not waterproof !!

Reaction score
All i would say the choice of tiles from the the manufacturer " Johnson Tiles " are some times impossible to make a decent job because of the poor quality of the tiles themselves
"You cannot make a silk purse out a pigs ear "
You can google Johnson tiles reviews and are pretty negative
Thanks for this advice, good to know.

Reply to Is this job acceptable? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock