Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Is It A Good Time To Start Doing Exterior Tiling in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

ChiversTiling

Hi all pros

Had a look at a job that is 28m2 patio laying 600x600 Porcelain that will need SLC as concrete looks uneven in places going by the look of it as didn't have my levels on me at the time

The weather an't all that atm only time I could start it be in a months time but by then the frost will start kicking in, would ya gamble on hoping the weather will hold of or waiting till summer comes?

C

ChiversTiling

Bought a draper Gazebo the other day as was fed up of my tools getting wet when knocking up gear outside but not enough to cover that sort of area, have to go down on my waiting list
Cheers peeps

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I layed 30 to 40 metres on the entrance ramp to my brother's hotel in January. It's on the seafront and open to the elements. Wasn't keen to do it but it's the only time the hotel is closed. Even posted a thread on here about it. Spoke with TileMaster at the time and used Ultimate (solid bed, back buttered, obviously) and Grout 3000 and covered it each night. I realise it's not been down a year yet but it looks no different now than it did after its final wash down. I'd always advise the client to wait but sometimes it's not possible.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you can tile it now, and if you're worried about patchy grout, grout it at a later date perhaps?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its one of them, ive done loads of rendering in the rain ect , just put a big tarpolin over the scaffold and roof, more or less same risks as tiling or flagging outside , up to you if yiu want to risk it, its easy enough to cover , but yiu would have to cost it in with the price

A

antded

Just finished the Victorian path, as per previous post. Tiled in 3 days, but took nearly a fortnight with prep, rained off days etc. Temperatures were very mild for time of year with night temps no lower than 5degC. In my humble opinion, wait for the Spring...... oh and make sure you choose a suitable exterior levelling compound ha ha.
I would use Tilemaster Ultimate, excellent product

D

Dougs Third Go

my main concern would be frost, both in the air and rising up from the ground, don't know any manufacturers that'll guarantee their adhesive below +5deg C

Reply to Is It A Good Time To Start Doing Exterior Tiling in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks