Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Insurance quote in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

obobsmith

Hi guys I've got a quote to do tommorrow flooded bathroom to be retiled, cust says Insurance company is paying for it, never had anything to do with insurance any advice welcome re: pricing payment etc. as I'm still a bit nervous doing quotes and this is a new one on me.

T

Time's Ran Out

You will no doubt be one of many putting in a price to do the work and it will normally be based on the same tile or one of equal value.
You should find out the tile,the cost,the availability and word your estimate accordingly - like for like/ materials of equal value.
Clearly word exactly what your estimate covers from strip out to clearing the site via a skip etc.
You must make your payment terms a top priority and state exactly at what stage you require your money ie. materials deposit - materials on site, final payment -on day/7days/etc of completion.
If you get the job find out at this stage who you are working for - is it the customer or insurance co. in other words who is going to pay you! If its the customer they will need to have the funds available on completion and they will make their claim via your invoice for the work completed. If its the insurance co. you need to have a contact with the assessor to confirm your payment details - before you undertake the work.
If you are happy to do the work and wait 30/60/90 days that is of course your choice
Good luck with the estimate:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

O

obobsmith

You will no doubt be one of many putting in a price to do the work and it will normally be based on the same tile or one of equal value.
You should find out the tile,the cost,the availability and word your estimate accordingly - like for like/ materials of equal value.
Clearly word exactly what your estimate covers from strip out to clearing the site via a skip etc.
You must make your payment terms a top priority and state exactly at what stage you require your money ie. materials deposit - materials on site, final payment -on day/7days/etc of completion.
If you get the job find out at this stage who you are working for - is it the customer or insurance co. in other words who is going to pay you! If its the customer they will need to have the funds available on completion and they will make their claim via your invoice for the work completed. If its the insurance co. you need to have a contact with the assessor to confirm your payment details - before you undertake the work.
If you are happy to do the work and wait 30/60/90 days that is of course your choice
Good luck with the estimate:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

Cheers TJ you have pointed out pretty much what was going through my head with this, need the work don't need the 30/60/90 days to getting paid.

btw I just happened to be looking at some of your gallery pic's NICE VERY NICE.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

B

bathroomboy

Be wary of some of these, a lot get you to give them a quote to get the money and then do the job themselves.

D

diamondtiling

I was under the impression that the customer no longer gets the money? I do Insurance work now and then and the cheque is always in my name, I put a claim in 12 months back for a broken tv ( it was an accident ) and the cheque came made out for the supplier, I had had to get the usual 3 quotes. If I do get Insurance work I always phone the company, take relevant names/reference numbers etc and 9 times out of ten once the customer has signed a satisfaction note then the cheque is released, sometimes they already have it and are just waiting for the job to finish, its worth giving them a call.

goodluck

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

O

obobsmith

I was under the impression that the customer no longer gets the money? I do Insurance work now and then and the cheque is always in my name, I put a claim in 12 months back for a broken tv ( it was an accident ) and the cheque came made out for the supplier, I had had to get the usual 3 quotes. If I do get Insurance work I always phone the company, take relevant names/reference numbers etc and 9 times out of ten once the customer has signed a satisfaction note then the cheque is released, sometimes they already have it and are just waiting for the job to finish, its worth giving them a call.

goodluck

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That was what I thought ,but a while back my sat nav got Knackered ( lead and lcd screens dont mix), they couldnt source the equivalent so deposited the funds direct into my account, hope thats the case here:thumbsup:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Last job I did was an insurance job - leaking bath.
I put together a quote for the worse case scenario and she submitted it to her insurance co.
I got a call from her insurance co to clarify a few points and that was it.
Customer paid me direct and she got a cheque from insurance company.
Like others have said - check who is paying. As it was she got a cheque about the same time I'd finished.

B

bathroomboy

I have done quite a few now and the money is always paid to the customer, I have also done lots of quotes and not got the the work to a point where I was considering charging for quote and if I got the work then knock it off the billl.

Reply to Insurance quote in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks