Search the forum,

Discuss Insulated cement boards over ply in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie_pwrr

Hello all.

I have a question....is it ok to screw insulated cement board (marmox type board) to a stud wall that is lined with 12mm ply?
I've knocked down an old solid bathroom wall and replaced it with a stud wall. My building control guy has said that the new stud wall needs to be structural and to do so just line one side of it with 12mm ply for rigidity. I've lined the inside of the bathroom wall with the ply and i was just going to screw my insulation board over it but i'm now wondering if movement from the ply behind the backer board will be an issue??
Any advice would be great. Thanks.

J

jamie_pwrr

it's a new stud wall. I've ply lined the bathroom side with ply and the other side which is in the hallway hasn't been boarded yet so i could've just taken it off and put it on the other side but it's a big wall and would mean un screwing a thousand screws :)

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
jamie, my comment was in response to post no 5 , your explanation as in post 6, was not seen by me - whatever the reason - at the time when l posted.

Reply to Insulated cement boards over ply in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen