Search the forum,

Discuss Impey aquadec and Durabase in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamesknox

Has anyone used the Impey aquadec waste with Durabase CI? How is the Durabase made off into the waste? Help!

D

DHTiling

The same way you do it with Impey tilesafe...it goes into the collar area..

Like this vid but use Durabase Ci.

Starts around 1:50 mins... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdnmSLqHMHk]YouTube - Impey Aqua-dec Wetroom Installation Guide Part 2[/ame]

I prefer the tuffdec2 trays... a strong tray..

J

jamesknox

Total floor area is only around 3.5 mtr of which I plan to put mosaic travertine onto the Impey deck and surround and then a larger format tile on the rest. I can see how the more flexible tilesafe membrane will fold neatly into the waste but concerned about the Durabase which seems more rigid and can't quite see how it will fold into the collar area.

Amazed at the quick replies - thanks

D

DHTiling

It does james trust me... give wetdecs a call and he will do you a great deal on a kit..:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

You can also use the Dural WP, this folds a lot easier..:thumbsup: or you can use the Ci and use the Wp to make a larger collar insert cover..

Either way works ok for me.. as long as you get it sealed properly and don't forget any joints..

W

wetdec

Most wetroom drains / guleys have dual purpose bodies (not grills ) which are used for tiles and vinyl. Within the body there is a retaining ring which ensures the seal into the drain and under which the vinyl or in this case tanking membrane sits.

Both Dura-ci and Dura-wp can be used for tanking wet room floors over wood.

Providing the floor to be tanked is under 8 m2 in size, has been boarded with 22/25mm ply wood and screwed at 300 centres then Dura-wp can be used.

The use of Dura-wp in these cases makes the fixing into the drain body a much easier job as its only 0.6mm thick so more pliable.

Dura-wp in the above circumstances can be used with Tuff2, Impey Aquadec, Maxxus minimax, LinearFlo-dec, Purus line, Ti-line, Pro4mer and most other recognised makes of wetroom shower tray former.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread. If it's not a current topic then don't worry about it for now. Other threads like this can be found in the main tiling forum. If you do want to reply to it, please do. Your information may add value to somebody reading the forum in the future.

Reply to Impey aquadec and Durabase in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen