• Thread starter TheWrightTiler
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 216
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss im poorly in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TheWrightTiler

well folks just to let u know after feeling run down as of late and blood tests, i have been told i have type 2 diabetes so will def need to sort life and diet out etc

if anyone has this can they send me info via email re foods etc

many thanks

andy

D

DHTiling

Don't worry Andy mate... as long as you look after yourself you will be OK......

Try google andy i think there is a support site for diabetics....:thumbsup: ...they will let you know what works best...

G

grumpygrouter

Sorry to hear of your illness Andy. I understand that proper diet and excercise keeps it well under control. Good luck.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Bad luck Wrighty

Not life threatening if u look after yourself............but still a pain in the ***.

Thats something different altogether :grin:

G

geordieboy

Dont worry it makes you worse i found out i was type 1 5 years ago . you will get loads of info thrown at you . you will have to cut rite down on beer nd sugar i eat alot of pasta nd greens now its very hard at the begining to keep your blood sugars rite but you will learn what foods make ur sugars high dont get stressed about it . it makes things worse if you want any more info pm me at least you dont have to inject 4 times a day.

B

brian c

well Andy thank god idont support that team in green and white if thats what it does to you m8....seriously watch yourself ya nugget...lol
----
:grouphug: well Andy thank god idont support that team in green and white if thats what it does to you m8....seriously watch yourself ya nugget...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

daj5451

Is that Ric getting his own back on you since you have been working him like a dog:72: . Seriously take care mate,rabbit food aint that bad:thumbsup:

Dunc

S

sWe

Nasty condition for sure, but instead of viewing it as a disability or an illness, I'd suggest you view it as an opportunity to gain more control over your life. I know I would. Psychological self-presevation you know.

I used to have a friend with type two diabetes, and he felt really ill for a long time.

He switched diet from the regular "plate modell" to more one with protein (meat, poultry, fish), and fat (vegetable oils and such). He felt alot better after a while. He rarely ate bread, and when he did, he only ate rye/wholegrain bread, and not much of it. Most of the carbohydrates he ingested were in the form of sallads. He also ate often; small servings every 2,5 hours, in order to keep his insuline levels in check. He used a watch with a timer on it to keep track of meal times.

Took some effort, but he was alot better off from it. Good excuse to take frequent breaks at work to stuff yer face as well, hehehe.

(No, he isn't dead, we just had a falling out :p )

I read a book some time ago, called "Eat right for your blood type", by some American doc. I found it an interesting read, and it had some case studies where people with illnesses such as diabetes got better from eating stuff better suited to their bodies. Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wivers

Sorry to hear that mate.

Both my first cousins have it, and handle it fine so i hope you'll be okay.

I hope it wont effect our saturday nights in? :)

Reply to im poorly in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen