Search the forum,

Discuss Ideas for floor prep?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ruairi mac

Hi All,

Hoping for for some help on this one, builder rang me today with a job of 50 sqm of 60x60 porcelain in a retail unit in a shopping centre.

He explained that they lifted the existing flooring which was some sort of wooden floor but underneath was, what he described as an industrial carpet. They have lifted the carpet as well but what is left now is the adhesive used for sticking the carpet along with a lot of the carpet fibres!

How would you guys go about prepping this floor?

I can't over board because of height issues. Was thinking slc over the whole floor but I'm unsure as to a suitable primer for the job!

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Q

Qwerty

Is there any way you can use a grinding cup on it? Mapei Eco prim grip is great stuff and may be worth a look....
Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ruairi mac

Cheers Plan Tec, I'm actually using Eco prim grip this week in a bathroom, great stuff indeed but can't get local supplier to stand over it. Grinding cup prob will be the end solution but trying to avoid it if I can.

Thanks Martyn, ordinarily I would but this guy is very easy to work with, I get a lot of work off him throughout the year and can't fault his prep work at all. Any new walls are flat and plumb and if something needs sorted it's never an issue, just trying to work with him on this one if you know what I mean.

Reply to Ideas for floor prep?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen