Search the forum,

Discuss How's work looking for the New Year ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Chaps
just wondered how you were going on the work front ?
Got a bit worried over Christmas as the phone had not rung once. Last few days it has gone mental.
So far I have booked in ....

On with finishing 30 sq m porcelain bathroom - full tile
Then have :

40 sq m Limestone floor, 600 x 400 x 20mm thick

60 sq m Limestone floor, 600 x 400 x 20mm thick

18 sq m bathroom , fully tile, ceramic

60 sq m slate floor plus 12 sq m bathroom ( part tile )

5 sq m kitchen splashback

25 sq m bathroom , fully tile, travertine

23 sq metre bathroom , full tile, porcelain.

Just turned down 3 bathrooms for end of Jan : too busy.

Seems there's still plenty of work out there !!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tysfoot

Ive not had 1 phone call for a month now, No money No work, luckily that i work part time for some income. Starting to et a bi worried now. i know it wont be forever

B

brummie tiler

Not as much as you on leatherface, they all seem like plush jobs 2.....nice one geeza! I was very quiet over xmas . I had two weeks off and that wasnt out of choice. started to pick up a little now and booked up for about a week and a half with 2 more quotes to give on saturday.

G

Gazzer

Not a lot here either but phone has rung a few times today but only small jobs. I do have some site work to do at the moment but its not the best in the world.
----
Have you read THIS thread?

there you go again adding links i am not allowed to read.....bah:mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Busy with tax returns currently, until end of the month anyway. Then have a farmhouse restoration job waiting in the wings, entrance hall floor, 2 bathrooms and a sauna/wetroom. Another bathroom after the plumber has finished and - potentially - 70m2 of flooring in a new build. Oh and maybe a regrout and another bathroom but that is at my leisure.

Grumpy

L

Leatherface

Thanks.
As Dan will agree - It's all about doing a good job and being pro active in your approach to getting work.
Sorry for repeating myself, but I have still not spent one penny on advertising. My name is not in the phone book and my van is not sign written.
Instead I get off my lazy *** and pester as many shops, trades as I can and also build a rapport with other trades to build a network of contacts

T

tysfoot

where and who do you give your business cards to ?

ive got a load made up but because im not busy im not getting rid of any

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a lot here either but phone has rung a few times today but only small jobs. I do have some site work to do at the moment but its not the best in the world.
----

there you go again adding links i am not allowed to read.....bah:mad2:

Checkout THIS topic - on how to see those access only area's.

Reply to How's work looking for the New Year ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen