Currently reading:
How to tile onto water ufh

Discuss How to tile onto water ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Check with the manufacturer first R:E using SLC, if it is anything like Polypipe they don't like you using it over the top of the panels because they say it can dislodge the pipe and (I'm not 100% on this) but I believe doing so can invalidate your warranty.
From working closely with our manufacturing partners we've established that a self levelling compound over our panels is fine to do. Our fibre panels are the only ones manufactured to be stuck down and are recommended to be stuck down, unlike polypipe systems who are just laid flat before tiling.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Are your panels fermacell / Gypsum firbreboard too Jake?
And you're right, a lot of people who buy Polypipe off us regularly fix it down with adhesive or screws for additional stability.
I could never understand the rationale of the SLC dislodging pipe as it is such a snug fit.. No doubt that being able to apply levelling compound over the top is so much easier and better for the installer.

Our panels are indeed a gypsum fireboard, with built in end returns so no hassle of the extra panels to be fitted or worried about.

Reply to How to tile onto water ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement