Search the forum,

Discuss How to cut Glass tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tileman

Hi, I have been asked to quote to tile a bathroom with Porcelanosa glass tiles, the customer says they are about 300mm x 600mm, ceramic with a ridged glass facing.
I haven't come across these before, I am concerned the glass face will chip off.
Help please.

Come on you guys, someone must have come across these tiles.

john

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

It just sound like a heavy glazed tile john....a small scoring wheel will give a better cut.. just try one and if it doesn't break very well then just use your wet cutter with a good quality porcelain blade.....good luck and let us know how you get on.....

P

Pawelzik

Good advice Dave -> small scoring wheel. And from the guys building windows and mirrors I know this: For a good glass cut they do a drop of oil on the wheel for less cracks at the edge and a nice cut. May be this works also with a heavy glazed tile.
Regards, Martin

Reply to How to cut Glass tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen