Discuss how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

paulyoung666

Not me Dave.

Had a one down South (now expired), but no need up here:thumbsup:

and up here is .......

i have the CCNSG safety passport , need it for industrial work but then i have heard CSCS is ok to , seems very confusing :incazzato:

D

doug boardley

nope, I don't have one either, but I've also never been asked to produce one.

M

mikethetile

nope, I don't have one either, but I've also never been asked to produce one.
I had a lot of trouble this time getting my card renewed

they sent me the 12 month card instead of the gold and it took countless phonecalls to get it sorted

the problem is im multi qualified which they cant cope with

my city and guilds are on the old system and my nvqs are on the new, I did a nvq in tiling which was signed off as completed but I refused to pay the college £3000 to process it so cscs didnt recieve a final payment

so the first thing they see under my name is the qualifiction not paid for and dont look any further

in the end I was telling them what to do when I rang and was on first name terms with all of them

had some interesting conversations regarding the cscs system

you dont need a cscs to work on site, its up to the main contractor if they want one or not, and its up to the main contractor to check its valid

east europeans have been arriving in this country with cscs cards as all they need to do is send a photo and new ni number to some one already here , who will sit their test for them. for this reason the system has been overhauled and cscs cardss now carry a chip carrying all your info which can be read by any off the agencies, still not convinced that it will stop fraud though

M

mikethetile

I was just thinking

ive had a card since they were introducedand have only had trouble this time as they are introducing the new system and havent transfered me over yet

when it was introduced it was run by the construction industry training board and was a construction skills certification card, plain and simple. you got one for life and it listed your qualifications with photo id on the front.if you werent qualified you didnt get one. they did grandfather rights as someone who has made a living from a trade for years is qualified by experiance to carry out that trade

its only since the hse got involved that its become this monster that you have to keep feeding with cash and now the card is no more than a card to say you have passed a simple H&S test

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Well said Mike it did use to mean something, I got mine through grandfather rights. Had to send off my indenture papers, time served certificate, C&G the works, for supervisor gold, had two references by contracts managers and two architecs. Now it 40 questions on HSE mind boggling easy. I keep mine up to date, but I don't think it reflects skill levels:mad2::thumbsup:

F

facetile

Have to agree with phil. I took the CSCS test 40 questions, 45 minutes to answer them and after less than TEN minutes i was in and out of the test centre. Not exactly mastermind, in fact quite insulting.:mad2:

had to do it though as it is a requirement to get my NVQ.

As i am registered on a NVQ scheme i received an "experienced worker card" which expires 12 months after i passed the test.

Will upgrade to craft card once NVQ is obtained.

T

tfs

I have a CSCS card and I got it back in 2006. It is vaild untill 2012!

Guys I have worked with say there cards are only valid for 2 years

M

mikethetile

I have a CSCS card and I got it back in 2006. It is vaild untill 2012!

Guys I have worked with say there cards are only valid for 2 years
the qualified cards are valid for 5 yrs and the non qualified cards run for 2 years

Reaction score
I got a h&s card from them but never got the CSCS card, I do site work now and then if I have to, but not been asked so far.

E

Edburys

had one since 2001 as they were Paper Certificates :), then moved to Level2, then Level3- Gold, now waiting for Black- Managers Card. At the moment you can't get work on any site in UK without a CSCS card. :)

Get Carded! Get Skilled ! :)

P

Perry

i hold one as labourer only as i didn't have a nvq2 at the time although i was advising most or the architects and 2 nvq accesses on the sites i was working on at the time

B

Brinkley

got mine not really had to produce it but it does show that youve passed sufficient tests especially if you have your wall and floor tiling nvq written on the back ,shows your not a cowboy , i always have my nvq certificate in my folder when i go to see clients and when im showing examples of tiles etc it is the first thing they see, wins me jobs and looks proffesional IMO

Reply to how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks