Search the forum,

Discuss How many different trowels do you have!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hey all just wondering how many trowels you have to cover different jobs - I currently only have three - a 12mm solid bed for floors, a 6 mm for walls and a 4mm for mosaics.

I saw one today which had teeth that looked like a saw? have any of you used this and what for?!

Cheers

AK

W

White Room

I hav'nt counted my trowels got loads keep trying new one's, The one your talking about has a expensive metal name ending with num and beggining with pla. ...... If I write the name fully it will blanked out.

D

DHTiling

4mm mosaic

6mm wall solid bed

8mm wall/floor

10mm wall/floor square notch

10 mm floor round notch ( solid bed )

12mm floor

10mm floor square notch 19 inch blade

20 mm round notch ( for stone ) 16 inch blade..

errrr think thats it.....

G

grumpygrouter

Just bought a BAL thin bed/solid bed trowel and using it for the first time today. Gives good coverage, but you can't hang it on the bucket!

H

hillhead

4mm masaic,
6mm for kitchen walls,
8mm for good bathroom walls,
10 for bad bathroom walls and good floors,
12 for reasonable floors and large format tiles,
13 for rough floors and tiling over addy!! lol
i like stainless steel ones with protection on them,

D

Droopy

Too many. :lol:

I have all three of the Voldemort Trowels, and seem to use them all the time now TBH.

Reply to How many different trowels do you have!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen