Search the forum,

Discuss Hi, Looking for a tiler/handy man can I offer my services in trade? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dbairduk

Hello,
I can see forums about offering services and one about tilers websites.
I am a professional web designer/software developer who needs his bathroom sorting! Have the tiles just need the proffesional!
Do i need to register as a sponsor to offer my service in trade? Or would I just need to do this if i was after touting more than a one off trade?

Not even sure if anyone would be interested yet. Just wanted to check the rules on this kind of offering..

Regards

Dave

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum!

Hi dbairduk and welcome to tilersforums.com!

M

mikethetile

:welcome:really it depends if what your offering is worth a tiler giving up payment for

D

dbairduk

hello gooner, I am originally from Wales, Aberystwyth... but lived in merthyr for a while

D

dbairduk

mike as a professional software developer my hourly rate is £40.
I would offer hour for hour work, bespoke software if needed.
I have written e-commerce systems, quote calculators for hualage companies. Photo galleries with shopping carts for photographers.... and thats in my spare time...
During the day I write credit card payment processing systems for local government mainly.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

You're right my first post was automated. :)

Eeeerm, I'm on the fence on this one. We had a guy offering the same sort of thing a few weeks ago and he was a right plonker and I doubt he would have got a tiler to do what he wanted for the price of a website.

As a web developer myself, and as we have a forum sponsor that provides web services to the forum, I've never wanted to allow this sort of thing too often as I know it can cost a lot more for tiling services than a website costs.

Just a website that isn't ranked isn't worth much at all (though can cost a grand or more). We've sourced a firm that for a few hundred quid, and a bit of my time once it's completed, can put together a website that actually gets business in.

So if you can offer something that IS going to turn out better for the tiler. I'm sure somebody (if you're lucky and they're localish) will take you up. Though I doubt you can charge £40/hr for web design right now though I'm sure a software developer could.

I'm a guy who trades like this with lots of locals. It brings back the meaning in the word trading. A skill for a skill. So I'd allow this providing you really can build an optimised website and it does get at least equal the jobs back quite quickly for the tiler.

Otherwise, I'd recommend you use your £40/hr wage to pay a tiler to tile your bathroom.

:D

All the best.

Reply to Hi, Looking for a tiler/handy man can I offer my services in trade? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen