Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss hi all newbie introducing my self in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

V

vwharr1s

hi all I'm mark from north devon and have been tiling for the past three years I'm a electrician by trade but started tiling as i also do property services and a customer was stuck for i tiler so offered to do it for him and he accepted.. anyway thats how it started a he recommended me to a friend then friend to a friend and so on. i dont do loads but have done quite a few kitchens and bathrooms and really enjoy doing it as you can stand back see what yo have done at the end of the day
so while im here i gonna ask some advice about some travertine tilling ive done at home in the kitchen
i did the floor about 18 months ago and was really chuffed with the results but after about 6 months some small hole began to appear in the tiles i went back to the store to see what they could advise but am not happy with the results they gave me a mapei
2 part resin filler to put in the holes but this has discoloured and looks really poor is there anything else that i could do to solve it
sorry about the long post
thanks
Mark

I

Ian

Welcome along to TF. The holes will be unfilled voids, this can be avoided by back skimming the tile whilst fitting them, I realise this is a little late to be telling you this. There are fillers that can be bought to fill the holes but, it's not something I've ever done myself so can't recommend a product, I'm sure someone will suggest something.

V

vwharr1s

Hi thanks for the reply and welcome
The back skimming of the tiles was something that I did do admit idly not the whole tile just the areas that were pitted. . When we purchased the tiles we went for the more expensive ones which were supposed to be of better quality with a more even colour and less filling

Thanks

Mark

Ill post some pics for you to see

Reply to hi all newbie introducing my self in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks