Search the forum,

Discuss Help prepping treads and risers on external steps in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

The top one is 179mm, the rest are around about the 174mm mark with the very bottom being 160mm. What is the tolerance according to BS do you know? Cheers for all your help with this one Gary it is starting to click me thinks![/QUOTE you will need to do this in sand and cement for the treads and you may be able to stick the riser with adhesive but i am thinking mortar bed for the risers too
I would cut a gauging template and start from the bottom ,which i know is counter intuative but works for me when tilng stairs that are badly out, the guaging template is cut to the height of 2 step heights and the depth of one step cut away to form right angle which you can use to set each riser at exactly the same height and spacing away from one another once the riser are set you can back fill these with sand and cement and slurry the treads on here as picture of one i did like this a few years ago

Attachments

• gary's work 112.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 27
  • gary's work 116.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 25
  • gary's work 118.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 25
J

JLM Tiling

I like the gauge idea, very nice. Only problem is getting around the curve. I'll take a photo tomorrow so I can show you what I mean. I'm gonna have to come up and out by at least 10mm to get past that in itself. I'll do that first so I've got a square angle to work from and then do it the way you say. Props for the advice mucker, helped clear it all up in my noggin. I'll take pics tomorrow and show you how it comes together. Might even go for JOTM!

Reply to Help prepping treads and risers on external steps in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.