Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Help please repairing floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Or piped within the joists ??
Thats what I reckon pipe work in between the joists all sitting on top of insulation I looked at a big floor the other day and it was the same they are having wooden flooring instead of tiles now as I advised

Storrs

-
Reaction score
Sorry for not being clear - I’m a novice

bottom up Joist, with celotex between and then aluminium trays with pipes for UFH then ply, then ditra and finally tile. The floor is one big kitchen dinner and is approx 65m2. There is also brick support in the floor for joist etc. Thanks everyone for your help.

D

Dumbo

Sorry for not being clear - I’m a novice

bottom up Joist, with celotex between and then aluminium trays with pipes for UFH then ply, then ditra and finally tile. The floor is one big kitchen dinner and is approx 65m2. There is also brick support in the floor for joist etc. Thanks everyone for your help.
So what you described should not fail if done properly . Ply should be fixed securely and all joints supported. So either falling on a joist or a noggin.
Ditra should be stuck securely with coverage completely under the matting, then when installing the tiles all mat cavities should be filled prior to creating a rib bed on top and then tiles should be back skimmed and fixed to ensure full coverage but all of that is no good if you can feel the floor moving prior to tiling .

J

J Sid

You need to see if the tiles are stuck to the adhesive.
From what you said it is either fixer error or thermal shock imho
What expansion /movement joints are in the floor?
I take it the ply was fixed correctly, backs and edges sealed and 5mm gaps between boards filled with silicon

Reply to Help please repairing floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks