Search the forum,

Discuss help picking my logo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

IvegotsTILE

I think the first 2 look good mate,not the third.
Don't mean to sound like a clever bast**d but the picture on the first is not a knight.Its something like a centurian.Some nerd will mention it(please don't think I'm a nerd)
Personnally I'd go with the second,looks really good.:)

V

vince1

its ok mate i was thinking that about number 1 to im going to ask him to change it to a knight or i was thinking something like this

Attachments

• knight-horseback-6175.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 12
D

DevonR

Just to point out you can't just "nick" someone elses logo. To use that specific logo you would need to make 7 seperate changes or your in breach of copyright and in some big trouble.
Personally from my perspective logo 1 is ok but as mentioned does not show a Knights helmet/armour. Logo 2 is ok but other than a shield motiff has very little to tie you into the whole Knight reference. Logo 3 for me has the most potential as the image is very simple, and therefore will lend itself to many medias such as print, web, signwriting and clothing printing. Also remember it is cheaper to minimise colours so while logo 1 may look nice so will the price for your printing. Keep it simple, logo 3 has the most potential, oh and just one other thing - change the typeface. The one on image 1 and 3 is awful and will be hard to read for some. Even if you go the classic Old English for the "Knights" and something simple (helvetica etc) for the "Tiling" would be better.
Make sure that your designer picks web safe colours too and if he picks spots make sure they can be closely reproduced in CMYK too or you'll have a multi coloured media should you get say your letterheads litho, your flyers digital and then a website as well. That will look gash and unprofessional.
Hope that helps. If you need anything else please feel free to pm me or reply here.

D

DevonR

Also you could use the chess piece as a stand alone brand. An image of that on the back of a work t shirt/polo would look really nice and there's no need for type as it's instantly recognisable, similar to the Nike Swoosh or Apple's....well Apple.

G

guy1976

i have completed a marketing course and tutor says older aged people for some reason find it hard to read and comprehend block capitals and italic writing in adverts

Reply to help picking my logo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen