Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Limestone paving newly laid badly stained in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jeanmarie

Please help. Got kota brown limestone paving for patio & front of house. Builders used Geo Fix. Tiles looked lovely before then a day or two after grouting badly stained really awful pic attached. I hope this is reversible job done less than a week. I tried a mop, soap and water very minute difference. Can I try something else? Most grateful if anyone can advise getting stressed. jm

Attachments

• limestone.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 84
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hello Jean, is this grout/ adhesive staining? hard to tell from pics:welcome:

J

Jeanmarie

Hi Phil I don't know all I know is they look fine until the geo fix went on and dried although it still does not seem to be 100% dry and some tiles are moving slightly. I attach two more pic one before grout and after close up. They may not be better. Thank you for any help. jm

Attachments

• limestone2.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 48
  • limestone 3.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 47
T

Hi Phil I don't know all I know is they look fine until the geo fix went on and dried although it still does not seem to be 100% dry and some tiles are moving slightly. I attach two more pic one before grout and after close up. They may not be better. Thank you for any help. jm

Sorry I'm not familiar with geo fix, but tiles should not be still moving after a week.:thumbsup:

T

I will try to post a link, for cleaning (ltp) Sorry I don't know how to post the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Geo-fix is a good product but was any sealer applied to prevent staining from the geo-fix when brushed over the flags to fill the joints..and has it rained since the geo-fix was applied.

J

Jeanmarie

Hi Dave no sealer applied and yes it has rained not downpours but some short showers. Jm

D

DHTiling

Can you attach some images with a bigger format size.. those are a tad small to see the issue..

J

Jeanmarie

OK will take with camera that was phone it's raining now so you can't see problem. Will upload asap. Thanks Jm

Reply to Help! Limestone paving newly laid badly stained in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen