Currently reading:
Have P.I.T.T. gone into liquidation.?

Discuss Have P.I.T.T. gone into liquidation.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well that was a bit sudden, I thought they were the "Leading Tiling Training Centre in the UK".

Pretty sure it'll be true if they're not removing that thread, answering the phones, and it appears they've removed their mobiles that they used to have for out of hours support. And their website says no dates available for courses (in one part but I got to the booking form on another part).

The training centre does look shut but their big van that they do their tiling work in isn't there. But there's some old blue banger there.

i hope they havnt i was one of the 1st trained out of PITT along time ago in fact the trainer was a bit of a spotty nerdy stokey kid he was only about ten at the time cant remember his name couldnt half drink thou and smoked like a chimney

Times are hard and i know if you are on the brink of going bump the downside is you dont get time to always do the decent thing ie call up customers

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well, it's true then.

Members/Friends,

Yes the news is true as of Friday afternoon PITT ltd and Trades Direct has ceased trading, this has come to us as much as a shock as everyone else.

As you all know times are tough at the moment but this situation has been forced upon us by HM revenue & customs which left us with no alternative but to take voluntary liquidation.

We have not taken any money corruptly as this only happened Friday afternoon, and thank you to those of you who know that this is not how we ran the business.

All the team at PITT/Trades Direct are devastated as you can imagine as a lot of time, effort and money has gone in to the business over the last 7/8 years.

PITT/Trades Direct was a small family business which among other staff included Paul his wife Sharon his daughter Angela and my self Paul’s son in law. So as you can all see for us all now to be left in this situation with a un certain future this has not been an easy decision.

We are truly sorry to any one who has booked on a course and you will be contacted by the liquidators in due course.

This web site will not be going down any time soon so please carry on posting as normal.

As all you regular users know Paul has dedicated his life to PITT and this forum, emotions are still very raw and please give him time.

I personally would like to thank all of you on here for making this the best tiling forum and for all your help and support of the past years.

Thanks again Phil

D

DHTiling

At least we are trying to help present trainees know what has gone on.. unlike some said persons shouting abuse on the other forum..

Grow UP!!!! losers.. is my message.. what a SAD SAD bunch you are..
lets get all members over to BAL forum..
FFS what about all those trainees who have lost money.. The one that phoned me today has a family to cater for and you can only slag others off for posting news to the industry that is TRUE!!.. You sad lot make my blood boil.... Enjoy your little back stabbing empire..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A bit of advice here for those affected and those considering a course in the future: Confirmed: PITT has gone into voluntary liquidation | Tile News

As for the spam on their forum, I'd ignore it. Sour grapes springs to mind, they didn't mind me blogging about PTS/STC or Diamond did they? Forget about them.

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

Surely if loads of people had lost money on these courses, then they wouldn't have gone down the swaney. Just a thought.

Nah!.. it's just when a comp has not made enough to keep a float that this happens.... it is early days y et to see how many have lost money as it only happened yesterday..

to those that have lost out then please do get in touch and those of you that have used a credit card then contact your card provider asap to see how you stand.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
I would just like to say to all that are undertaking our courses currently and are booked to do courses in the future with NETT, i can personally assure you that we are a strong company with a good reputation so anybody sightly worried about things like this happening to us need not be worried, we still have courses running every week with good attendances, visit any centre if you live close enough and see how things are running, you should get an indication from that on how they are doing,

I have been a trusted member on here for 5 years or so and all that have trained with myself will know how genuine we are as a company and how we try and help people to get where they want to be

Best Regards
Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Times are tough, some companies are finding thing really difficult and on the verge of collapse and tilers wont be the only ones affected, there will be loads of people who have paid money for goods or services that will be in the same position where the company has gone bust and they are out of pocket, the advice given on the last posts is the best advice that can be given and get in touch with the credit card companies and try and retrieve their money,

Anyone that has been affected and out of pocket with PITT, if they give us a ring we can discuss some discounts with those individuals so they can complete their training

Regards
Darren

Reply to Have P.I.T.T. gone into liquidation.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what i assume is self leveller or maybe screed (?) came up with them. Left with Concrete...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this notification but what was the out come at the end as I have just had a xylophone installed and...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.