Discuss Hairline cracks in terracotta tiles that is seeping some sort of dark brown oil in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

I believe and this my own personal stance but don't know if others will agree . Any minor imperfection in the grout and the steamer will drive moisture through it and then after a while that will have an effect in that area which will allow more steam through which will have a larger effect, and then it keeps compounding

kruno

-
Reaction score
Ok so if we stop using the steamer you think it might dry out eventually - would can we do to speed the drying process along, if anything

D

Dumbo

I think you will find it's to late for you floor , it may dry but you will wet wash it somehow and water will get in cracked grout , I'm more thinking about your next floor

kruno

-
Reaction score
I think you are right - time to take it up and repair any damage and relay a new one - thanks for all your help mate -

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
She's getting a new ironing board this Christmas - will let you know what those snakes at the insurance company say - btw where are you based

If you were asking me I'm based just outside Glasgow. If your looking for someone to maybe help with the work there is a directory on here Find a Tiler. It isn't fully updated yet you could alternatively post the job in this section Tiler required 😉

Reply to Hairline cracks in terracotta tiles that is seeping some sort of dark brown oil in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks