Search the forum,

Discuss Hairline Cracks In B N Q Ceramics in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Tiled the walls of a bathroom last week with 60 x 30 white ceramics from b n q.I removed all skim to reveal rendered walls which needed a bit of scratch coat the day before I started tiling.(weber rapid set used) I used weber slow set to fix the tiles and walls have had three days to dry.only when I was on the second wash down whilst grouting this afternoon did I notice three different tiles ( different walls) had a hairline crack in them.they're so fine they havnt even come to the surface of the glaze.I'm 99.9% sure they weren't there when I fixed them???? Any ideas???

A

Ash-wolves

Moister from the adhesive causing the tile to swell & stretching the crack

My monies on the crack already being there & a little bit of movement has disturbed it

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
See if any more show up but perhaps just replace the three and move along. I wouldn't be too concerned if more aren't doing it.

Reaction score
I bet the cracks were there before and the process of fixing them and the action of the adhesive has exposed them. Im also betting they were a thin tile - maybe 6 0r 7mm and made in Spain as I have had that issue with a cheaper Spanish tile too!

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Well,there wasnt any more cracks today.cut out,replaced and regrouted the 3 cracked ones.cheers b n q for the extra work.I'm all ways complaining I've never got enough to do in work....................................................Not !!! :D

Reply to Hairline Cracks In B N Q Ceramics in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen