Search the forum,

Discuss Grouting non slip tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Customer chose non slip tiles for the floor.

I have just finished grouting them, the most difficult job was to clean the excess grout off. I knew you couldn't wipe grout the tiles like you would normally. However I realised I had given myself extrta work here.

I tried my best to work along the grout lines then profile them with a suitable silicone profiler (normally used for silicone joints). That worked quite well, but when I tried to remove the excess grout I ended up fetching the grout out of the joint.

The only option I had was to try to remove as much as I could then come back and clean the rest the following day. That was hard work, but it paid off. I had to resort to a fine wire brush in some areas.

Is there an easier way? There must be surely!

C

cornish_crofter

One think that had occurred to me after I typed it was to use some kind of tape close to the edge, but the taping up would probably have taken as much time as it did to clean them.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is one of those paint edges that decorators use for protecting a wall when painting a skirting. I guess the trick would be to stop as much grout as possible from getting onto the tiles.

W

White Room

One of these
grout-bag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

A tiler buddy of mine and his tiler brother layed 370m2 of 8" square non slip tiles a month ago in a local football ground renovation job.
He told me they pasted a good area, he came along with the tiles setting them in, his bro came with the spacers and then they used a good size piece of ply to press the tiles level !!! lol. Quick workers.
The grout was done quick too, after the saturday grouting there was a lot of haze etc stuck to the tiles, he told me they washed it again with a small amount of 'cement away' in the washboy water !! anyone ever do this? or see it done? he says the cement away works a treat in the water when cleaning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Grouting non slip tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.