Search the forum,

Discuss green screed question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

hello all, have a question about green screed that i'm hoping someone here may be able to advise me on (hoping ajax is about tonight) the problem i have is a screed that will have been down for 6 weeks next friday which i'm under severe pressure to start. i can't use bal green screed addy as it's tumbled marble that's going down, so needs to be white addy. decouplers are out due to height restrictions and the only other thing i can come up with is weber rapid and ad250 as a 2 part that can be used on green screeds after six weeks. ok so it seems like i have the answer now, but there's is one other problem that i wasn't made aware of till today. after all the haggling over the floor and my refusal to do it until 6 weeks had past as specced by weber, and getting them to accept they have to pay the horrendous price of the added cost of the adhesive ( works out at 45 quid a bag for white weber rapid and 5 ltrs of ad250 giving a cost of over £700 for the addy alone :yikes: )
i was told by the site agent that though the screed was laid on the date they told me the polythene covering wasn't taken off for 3 weeks after the screed was set. so does anyone know if that makes a big difference to the screed and do i need to wait another few weeks before i use the weber solution? i also suspect there is some site politics going on here as the site agent has asked me not to say anything about the polythene not coming off after a week as it should have. hoping someone may be able to give me some solid info here as this is on a job that i have 4 bathrooms on a separate order that im half way through already, and i can see this causing serious problems for me. cheers in advance.

john

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to green screed question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen