Currently reading:
granfix multi-fix tubbed addy - 250-400 tiles?

Search the forum,

Discuss granfix multi-fix tubbed addy - 250-400 tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

ok i already new your answers - i agree. im now in tricky situatiion.. i told him on saturday which type and i said i would get him some prices but his gone straight off and got what he wanted, ive texed him 2nite saying what he should get but he texed me back saying he got a good deal. NOW he said the sales assistant told him its high strength and would be ok for the tiles he purchased.

i dont mind leaving them a week before grouting.. but do you reckon thell definately not gona hold them on the wall. will they come of moments after applying them?

thanks

D

DHTiling

The multi fix does say on the tub "For large format tiles" but how big is large. I tried it on a splash back and thought it was really soft/runny. Would use powder my self.

Maybe so.. but it will take a while to dry and the substrate MUST be porous..

Why work with Dispersion adhesives and take 1: A risk and 2: longer to dry thus making the job go on for longer.

Some tile shops need staff training.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
ok i already new your answers - i agree. im now in tricky situatiion.. i told him on saturday which type and i said i would get him some prices but his gone straight off and got what he wanted, ive texed him 2nite saying what he should get but he texed me back saying he got a good deal. NOW he said the sales assistant told him its high strength and would be ok for the tiles he purchased.

i dont mind leaving them a week before grouting.. but do you reckon thell definately not gona hold them on the wall. will they come of moments after applying them?

thanks
Given the fact you thought the response you got was the response you would get, I'd say these concerns are your real ones. And the best response can't beat this is as follows:-
Maybe so.. but it will take a while to dry and the substrate MUST be porous..

Why work with Dispersion adhesives and take 1: A risk and 2: longer to dry thus making the job go on for longer.

Some tile shops need staff training.

J

John the tile

hey thanks for more replies. just got off phone to granfix tech depo who say the addy is fine for the size tiles im using?!?!?!?:yikes:

I WAS gona get the addy myself, told him the price, so when he bought his tiles he let me know he got the blooming addy aswell "cheaper than what i could get it for". tut.

I like the idea of just keeping the stuff for another job. but unfortunately i dont need to because the best about it is i can my hands on as much BAL ready mix as i want. (which is probably better than this granfix stuff.)

im gona try to convince him just to return his stuff with receipt one more time, even tell him to just get the powdered stuff himself if it means i get the addy i want.

p.s its onto plasterboard and i will be leaving it over a 10 days before grouting....

D

djc1960

Can anybody reccomend a suitable adhesive for 250 by 400 porcelin tiles in a shower onto good solid WBP walls....I was reccomended this multifix but thought I'd check before buying and am glad I did....I was planning to use epoxy grout to avoid the need for tanking and to improve stain and mould resistance....ideally, I'd prefer readymixed but will go with dry if absolutly necessary...Many thanks

D

dock

The tiling itself cannot be guaranteed to be watertight (Its in the BS) due to workmanship aspects and/or the potential for a crack to develop due to movement etc.
1 Secure the WBP or exterior grade ply at 200mm centres
2 Tank with Mapegum WPS using Mapeband over joints in boards, internal vertical
corners and junction of wall and floor.
3 Fix in Mapei Keraflex Maxi - solid bed ensuring no voids beneath
4 Grout with Ultrcolor (cement based) or Kerapoxy (impervious).
5 Internal vertical corners and fixtures and fittings use Mapesil AC colour to match
grout.

dock

Reply to granfix multi-fix tubbed addy - 250-400 tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.