Search the forum,

Discuss granfix multi-fix tubbed addy - 250-400 tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

customer texed to say they bought me this stuff after i told them i need cemetious bagged. "they were sold it for a few quid less because they have bought their tiles aswell" .

will it be ok for those size tiles?

thanks

R

redlee

I'd swap it for powdered, it takes too long to set and is only good for porcelain upto 300x300.
Although i once had a shower enclosure in a showroom to knock off and re-tile, the previous fixer had put 600x300 porc up with this stuff and there was no way to seperate the tile from the plasterboard it was fixed too.

S

Saltire69

The multi fix does say on the tub "For large format tiles" but how big is large. I tried it on a splash back and thought it was really soft/runny. Would use powder my self.

J

John the tile

ok i already new your answers - i agree. im now in tricky situatiion.. i told him on saturday which type and i said i would get him some prices but his gone straight off and got what he wanted, ive texed him 2nite saying what he should get but he texed me back saying he got a good deal. NOW he said the sales assistant told him its high strength and would be ok for the tiles he purchased.

i dont mind leaving them a week before grouting.. but do you reckon thell definately not gona hold them on the wall. will they come of moments after applying them?

thanks

D

DHTiling

The multi fix does say on the tub "For large format tiles" but how big is large. I tried it on a splash back and thought it was really soft/runny. Would use powder my self.

Maybe so.. but it will take a while to dry and the substrate MUST be porous..

Why work with Dispersion adhesives and take 1: A risk and 2: longer to dry thus making the job go on for longer.

Some tile shops need staff training.

Reply to granfix multi-fix tubbed addy - 250-400 tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen