Currently reading:
Glass splashback ontop of tiles?

Search the forum,

Discuss Glass splashback ontop of tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

N!ck

OK, so further to my last thread about large format tiles on a kitchen splashback, the other half got her way (shock). She has came home with 500mm x 500mm porcelain today. The problem I see with this is that the cooker and distance between the cabinets is 600mm wide. This means if I center the tile there will be a 50mm tile cut up either side against the cabinet up to the extractor fan. The alternative would be a grout line in the center of the cooker. Im unsure if either of these will look aesthetically pleasing.
My solution is possibly to go with the central grout line (I think this will look better of the 2 options) and then possibly attach a glass splashback on top of the tile at a later date if I am not happy with the look. Has anyone done this? The splashbacks are self adhesive and the tiles are polished porcelain (ie no texture). Just after opinions and experience if possible. Cheers :)

Reply to Glass splashback ontop of tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.