Search the forum,

Discuss Glass border tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

ifielding

I have a job on at the moment where the customer dropped glass border tiles on me this morning. (Not literally) They are 50mm x 50mm and 10mm in depth. They are in lengths of 4 on the webbing. So firstly what is the best adhesive for putting glass to old plaster? Secondly is my bench wet cutter OK for any cuts? These cost them £17 a strip so I do not want any mistakes or my best mate percy profit will be on his way out of the door. Thanks.

G

grumpygrouter

Mosaic fix from BAL is what i would use for these. Mapei have Keraquick which is also suitable for glass but I have not used this.

I have a glass cutting wheel for my wet cutter (Briccolina).

W

White Room

I would check with the supplier or producer of the tiles and get their advise, Did have a problem once with glass borders. The low modules tube gear (which I was advised to use) burnt thru the colour back

I

ifielding

Thanks for that warning. At price per piece don't want none of that. Supplier of tile stated powder adhesive??? Thus my plea of help to the masters of the trade. Looking at prices of the adhesive on the web I think the Mapei mosaic adhesive offers the best value. Thanks again.

D

Dupontel

You need to know if the glass has been distressed (fired twice or more).
If it is you can cut it with almost everything (diamond saw ect...)
Some manufacturers only make distressed tiles

M

MICK the Tiler

if you have to only do straight cuts then your regualr score and snap cutter should do the job, as CJ suggests, but iregular shaped cuts will need to be cut with specialized glass grinding wheels, these for what they are, are very expensive.

Reply to Glass border tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen