Search the forum,

Discuss Floor deflection videos... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zzr-matt

Cheers Dave. How thick should it be mixed and how long would you leave it before cleaning down?

D

DHTiling

Normally that grout is 1.1 to 1.3 ltrs of water per 5kg bag.. but i mix it thicker as as the polymers soften whilst leaving to slake it can go wetter... so stiffer than normal i say but wet enough to bond.

M

Mr T

loved that vid lol... mate it doesnt matter how long after grouting you sponge off.. Just dont put any pressure on the sponge at all when your doing it and you wont dig into the grout joint... But you do have to wait for the grout to start setting before you buff.

D

DHTiling

loved that vid lol... mate it doesnt matter how long after grouting you sponge off.. Just dont put any pressure on the sponge at all when your doing it and you wont dig into the grout joint... But you do have to wait for the grout to start setting before you buff.

Sorry but that is so wrong advice.... Ultra colour is a fast setting grout , leave it too long and it cannot be tooled..

M

Mr T

Sorry if its bad advice I thought you have to wait for grout to start setting before you buff off mate

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

looks like the grout joint is to wide to hold the thin grout bed you washed it down to thin leaving the tile edges prone to damage and probaly mixed the grout to dry need to rake out do again what sponge did you wash it off with a cheap sponge will pull out the grout .try washing off with an ardex sponge not wet just damp and do one sweep at a time cleaning spong after each sweep

S

Sean SML Tiling

Whats the ardex sponges like and how much? I use the nicobond sponge which is 4 quid each a little steep for a sponge but very good.

Reply to Floor deflection videos... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen