Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing Dural CI in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

I'm fixing about 60 sq. mts of this tomorrow and I'm a decoupling virgin so just wanting to check I'm gonna get it right first time and ask for tips.

Prime floor
Spread addy ( flexible) with 6mm trowel.
Start one side and unroll onto addy as I spread it.
Press down with float as I go.
Anything to add? It's conc floor with ufh.

What I'm worried about is the mat lying flat or is that rarely a problem?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Make your adhesive slightly wetter than normal.. and towards the centre of the roll it gets tighter.. so edges might curl up.. i use a couple tiles to hold it down..

It curls just because of the string but also if you warm the mat a bit it flattens better at the edges.. but a damn site cheaper than Ditra ..

Here is a video showing how to lay these type of mats.. there isn't one for dural..lol:)

[video=youtube;f6FyWs2WZ1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6FyWs2WZ1k[/video]

D

DHTiling

It is quite straight forward sandy.. in fact it might even be easy for any old fool if advertised by DIY SOS..:lol:

D

doug boardley

I find using a bit of batten about 18 inch long good for smoothing it out and getting good contact with the addy:thumbsup:

Reply to Fixing Dural CI in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen