Search the forum,

Discuss Fishing for opinions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wobblyheed

Been browsing this forum and the internet on and off for a couple of days now and I'm getting dizzy. Doesn't help that I have the indoor harpie screeching at me every five minutes.
My situation is this. Bathroom, lined with moisture resistant plasterboard, with possibly a 9.5kw over bath electric shower being installed.
Tiles are ceramic, 330 x 250 x 8mm.
Just wondering how you guys would go about completing this project. It's not that long ago, I would have just bought some tubbed adhesive for the whole lot, but I have " the fear " now. I just want the thing done now. Her indoors would have me fixing them with a flour and water mix but that's her way. Don't want to go too over-board but I don't want to be doing it all again in mebbe five years time. Thanks.

I

Ian

As above, powdered cement based adhesive. You can get slow setting ones that will sit in the bucket for 4 hours so you can work at your own pace.

W

wobblyheed

Re: powdered adhesives. Any particular one's? There seems to be a lot to choose from even if you're only looking at one manufacturer.

W

wobblyheed

CTD, Tile Giant, Topps Tiles (horrendous prices) several independants. Don't mind using the internet to get the right product.
Numpty question. What's a single part flexible adhesive?

W

White Room

It's powdered modified adhesive which has extra grab for the larger tiles, try tile giant..

The adhesive may seem dearer to tubbed stuff but dos'nt get affected with water ingress.

Reply to Fishing for opinions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen