Search the forum,

Discuss first job finished pics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

willbones

Here are some pics of my first ever tiling job - what do u guys reckon. Im pleased with it, after doing a 4 day course and no other tiling experience at all.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 2.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 4.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 5.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 6.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 7.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 8.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 9.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 219
M

Mick M

Looks nice mate. What course did you do? I'm on the North East Tiling training course on Monday. Canny wait !!

Anyone else going on this course next week? 25th June.

V

Varley

Good job! :)
----
Was using 4 mosaics cut into the wall tiles as a feature your idea? if so, Nice touch!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

willbones

This is my brothers bathroom so i've done it free of charge. I've learnt a great deal from doing it. First of all i had to re board three of the walls and inside the window because they were so uneven, tiles just pivoted on them. Had a lot of trouble fitting the tile inside the window on the right cos i had to cut off a think sliver - which was impossible - any suggestion as to how to cut off 1 cm from a large format tile gladly accepted. The 4 mosaics cut into the wall here and there was my brothers idea - looks good though, not easy cutting the 4 corners ount of the tiles, but manged it - there are about 6 of them dotted round the room. I've got some other pics of it too. I had to cut round the joists at the ceiling as well - im gonna use caulk to fill in round these, as the stain from the wood has bled slightly into the grout around it and has discolured it. I did the 4 day course at NETT - again, another massive thanks to Darren for all his advice. I'm currently trying to set up a computer business, a plastering business and then a tiling business when i've done a few more jobs. I've got a kitchen and a floor lined up for the next 2 jobs - also on the same house.

W

willbones

one thing that i found really difficult was where two corners meet at internal angles - how do you guys get the grout line really even all the way up the internal angle? I find that it is really hard to measure the tile so that you get a cut that runs evenly from the top to the bottom of the tile as it buts up to the next on the wall coming out of the internal.

Reply to first job finished pics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen