Search the forum,

Discuss fair prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JimmyShoes

Hi all, just want to tap in to the wealth of knowledge of this sites members. I'm relatively new to the game, and have an issue with pricing a job. From speaking to other tradesmen, most wanted a day rate varying from £100 to £150 a day. My problem is this, although I pride myself on doing a neat and tidy job, I recognise that I'm slower than fella's that do this week in, week out. So, getting my head round measuring a room in m2, and wanting to be fair on my customer, what is the going rate for £'s per square metre for a wall and for floors? I heard someone mention £15 once, is that a right reflection?

I'd be grateful for any advice, cheers:thumbsup:

R

Rad2474

You won't win jobs that will take you 3 days at £*** per day against someone who can do it in 2. I charge ** mt2 for ceramics so if it takes me 2,3 or 4 days ect. i know how much i'll make because like you i'm not that fast,although if it's a small 1 day job i'll go for around £***.This way i keep my prices realistic and competative.

D

DHTiling

Prices are not discussed in the public sections then customers do not know how to bid fixers down..

ALL pricing is in the tilers arms...:thumbsup:

R

Rad2474

Oop's didn't realise it was public just clicked on new posts,i should know better by now.:thumbsdown:

J

JimmyShoes

Sorry, I hadn't realised that this wasn't the done thing. I'll send some more posts and ask in the arms.:oops:

Reply to fair prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen