Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Face masks and the use of......or lack of use!! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

slythetiler

Hi Guys,

Im quite a stickler for advocating the use of face masks and glasses when i am working, my most recent job had me in a full house rip out working along other trades. i was ripping out the bathrooms, whilst other trades where ripping out their areas, but i was the only one using a face mask, glasses and gloves! plaster dust, brick, wood, cement dust including years of dust out the attic covered everything in the house. WHY dont some trades wear PPE in these conditions!!! Do they not realise the damage they are doing to their lungs by breathing this crap in every day??

Q

Qwerty

Totally agree. In fact the one time I had left my dust mask at another job I had to make one out of a cloth and masking tape it around my head...... check out my avatar pic!!!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
And I thought you were about to Rob a bank..!!

Can I add to the list ear defender, just recently I've been hearing a ringing noise, after using the grinder, I suspect it's tinnitus, thankfully it doesn't last long, but always ware ear defenders now..

I

Italy

And I thought you were about to Rob a bank..!!

Can I add to the list ear defender, just recently I've been hearing a ringing noise, after using the grinder, I suspect it's tinnitus, thankfully it doesn't last long, but always ware ear defenders now..
yes andy, grinder is tinnitus.
(confirmed by medical examination)
15 who are using headsets.
I can not do without anymore.

L

LM

I always wear ear defenders and glasses when grinding no matter how little, but if I'm honest I don't always wear a mask. For small cuts I hold my breath but if I'm doing a lot of grinding or any indoors then I'll wear a mask. I've also been wearing gloves now for about 4/5 years and my hands are like new. Before I did they were in such a state that in prolonged cold weather if I made a fist the back of my hand would sometimes split like crackled glaze :(

F

Flintstone

For me, always nitrile gloves, always ear defenders for grinding, I can’t bear it without, and always p3 mask when mixing and grinding and anything dusty.

I

Italy

for the dust, the solver is this.
another tool that I can not do without.
81g1dwKgaML._SX425_.jpg

L

LM

Nitrate gloves annoy me because they tear so easy and sweat my hands, I was recently given a couple of pairs each of these to try out, the black Infinity pair (model 8804) are by far the best gloves I've ever used. They lasted me for 15 working days before they tore due to me pulling them of wrong in hindsight, they're tough, hands don't get wet when using a sponge for quick wipes etc and thermaly insulated so they also keep my hands warm and they're a super snugg fit also. The blue pair are tougher, but slightly bulkier. I suppose I should have started a thread for this:rolleyes: IMG_8543.JPG

Reply to Face masks and the use of......or lack of use!! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks