Search the forum,

Discuss External Corner joints - are there any pictures please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Minnie

Yeah for keeping it steady whilst you cut it. You still have to have a tight grip on it, but it's much easier than trying to cut it freehand. TradeTiler is the only place i've seen the mini mitre box (although to be fair, i haven't really been looking for one). You can get larger ones at Wickes/B&Q etc. TradeTiler have a pretty quick turn-around though.. How soon do you need to get one (if you decide to go down that route)?

They should have the trim in both Tile Giant, and Topps, but if Topps are true to form it'll be twice as much there!?! lol

My local Tile Giant don't sell tile files (the ones with the handle, only those flat mesh thingies), they don't sell hacksaws, they don't sell tile saws, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of trim either, but will have to check that.

Would like the mitre box immediately as want to start that wall tomorrow and I'm assuming you can only put the trim in before the adhesive has set?

Anyway, thanks for help.:thumbsup: I have to go and keep my pub landlord in business. :smilewinkgrin:

Back later

D

doug boardley

You go and do what you need to do Minnie, lots of advice will be waiting for you when you get back. You will need to use trim around your window to protect the tile edges from chipping etc, have you considered metal trims? they look better than plastic and are straight forward to cut.
I am sure someone will put a few pictures up soon of ceramic tiles without trims for you.

:thumbsup:
will do

doug-boardley-albums-holme-park-picture4274-holme-park-april-09-007.jpg

the corner on the left hand side is an external mitre that I did with some large format porcelain, but the look and method are the same as with ceramic:thumbsup:

M

Minnie

will do

doug-boardley-albums-holme-park-picture4274-holme-park-april-09-007.jpg

the corner on the left hand side is an external mitre that I did with some large format porcelain, but the look and method are the same as with ceramic:thumbsup:

oh er, that looks beyond my limited capabilities.

Very nice though.

Right, pub beckons.

M

Matt

My local Tile Giant don't sell tile files (the ones with the handle, only those flat mesh thingies), they don't sell hacksaws, they don't sell tile saws, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of trim either, but will have to check that.

Would like the mitre box immediately as want to start that wall tomorrow and I'm assuming you can only put the trim in before the adhesive has set?

Anyway, thanks for help.:thumbsup: I have to go and keep my pub landlord in business. :smilewinkgrin:

Back later

May I ask which store is your local Tile Giant?

P

peckers

these are ceramic tiles with a mitred joint minnie

cant get picture to upload sorry will try again

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

these were done with the same cutter, all external mitres, altho for safety purposes, I recom
doug-boardley-albums-sunny-hill-complete-picture5666-sunny-hill-finish-011.jpg
mended square edged trim

Reply to External Corner joints - are there any pictures please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen