Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion Joints- Opus Pattern Floor. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

20 YRS ago the answer would be easy lay new floor in sand and cement semi dry screed with a galvanised mesh in the screed to stop screed cracking , tiles bonded to the screed in a sbr slurry
wait why cant it still be done today?
shlulter expansion strip between old and new.
easy no waiting done in a week

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi Ray,

So you would put the expansion strip all the way through and cut the tiles even with it being an opus Romano pattern.....I just got the drawings over yesterday, going out to site on Monday , see what the builder has to say about expansion strip but I have a funny feeling he ain't gonna like it!!!.....ill send you a pic or 2 next week ......thanks for your feedback on this

J

Just Rizzle

Hi Ray,

So you would put the expansion strip all the way through and cut the tiles even with it being an opus Romano pattern.....I just got the drawings over yesterday, going out to site on Monday , see what the builder has to say about expansion strip but I have a funny feeling he ain't gonna like it!!!.....ill send you a pic or 2 next week ......thanks for your feedback on this
you've got to go with the line regardless if you don't pound to a penny its gona crack if you bridge it. tell the builder your the expert and youll do it as your the one who will have to rectify it if it fails

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hahaha!.....you crack me up with some of your posts Ray......ill let you know what the builders views are regards expansion joint :flushed:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

just got in m8 been the pub with friends 4 beers and 2 wines only cost 12.65 there is a god and he's called Samuel smith.
was at the rugby last week 2 pts Guinness £12 quid

J

Just Rizzle

I'm old school m8 been in this game 34 yrs and its going back wards the likes of ctd & topps are trying to control the industry .

Reply to Expansion Joints- Opus Pattern Floor. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen