Currently reading:
Epoxy Grouting - advice needed

Discuss Epoxy Grouting - advice needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

First of all it is possible to use a 1mm spacing if you have a rigid base to affix the tiles to.
The choice of epoxy is up to you but Bal easi epoxy and Ardex do them which are ok. It's a messy process and tools are often ruined afterwards but if you let the grout sit for 15mins then roughen up the surface with a scotchbrite then wash off with warm water - it usually leaves a light sponge off when dry the next day. As for the 60x60cm tiles - check that they are suitable for worktops as some from BQ clearly state are NOT .
Good Luck.

U

user123

Oh, don't fret, epoxy is a doddle, really, Mapei's Kerapoxy, so so easy to use, hot water cleans and smoothes it a treat, and no, many professionals don't hate the modern epoxies at all. Yes, you have to chuck sponges away afterwards as they don't wash out, but no big deal. Really. Put epoxy into the search box and you'll find a number of threads, there are a few fans of it on here, myself included. Really no big deal if you follow instructions. :)

Reply to Epoxy Grouting - advice needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them professionally laid. At the time I asked if they needed sealing. The tiler told me since they were...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.