Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Electric UFH in a shower tray? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

On one

Please checkout the following advertisement.
As above, can or should you put UFH in a shower tray.
The plumber that I am working for has a customer who wants to run the UFH from the rest of the bathroom floor into the shower tray(and tile on top)
I have done one before,many moons ago. But it still leaves me a little nervous,regarding the electrics and maintaining the correct falls.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
You can put Electric UFH on top of the shower tray however you need to leave a gap to the drain to stop you heating any waste water that could settle causing a smell. The same rules apply when covering the cable, it requires a 6-8mm compound over the top.

OP
O

On one

I don't see the point really - keeping your feet warm in the shower?
Me neither!
I suppose if the whole floor is heated as opposed to half heated ,half not, there is less chance of a cracked caused by the thermal difference between the two substrates?

OP
L

LM

Maybe it’s just me but I turn the shower on before I get into it to make sure it’s at my preferred temperature and I doubt at that point if I’d appreciate ufh in the shower envelope.

Reply to Electric UFH in a shower tray? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock