The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Electric UFH in a shower tray? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

O

On one

As above, can or should you put UFH in a shower tray.
The plumber that I am working for has a customer who wants to run the UFH from the rest of the bathroom floor into the shower tray(and tile on top)
I have done one before,many moons ago. But it still leaves me a little nervous,regarding the electrics and maintaining the correct falls.

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reactions
146 1
You can put Electric UFH on top of the shower tray however you need to leave a gap to the drain to stop you heating any waste water that could settle causing a smell. The same rules apply when covering the cable, it requires a 6-8mm compound over the top.

F

Flintstone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes no problem, keep 150mm from drain. Easier to skim over with adhesive in tray area

1sandyh

I don't see the point really - keeping your feet warm in the shower?

O

On one

I don't see the point really - keeping your feet warm in the shower?
Me neither!
I suppose if the whole floor is heated as opposed to half heated ,half not, there is less chance of a cracked caused by the thermal difference between the two substrates?

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
13,491 37
Maybe it’s just me but I turn the shower on before I get into it to make sure it’s at my preferred temperature and I doubt at that point if I’d appreciate ufh in the shower envelope.

F

Flintstone

It helps to try dry out any water after shower time

Reply to Electric UFH in a shower tray? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

UK Pro Tiling Training
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.