Search the forum,

Discuss Dural V Ditra Prices in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

Is Ditra that much better Julian - I've not used it yet?
I believe so, better back up, alot easier to fix, not as stiff.
I am sure dural is a good company, but sometimes you have to go with your feelings about a product .
I sure that's why so many of the lads like tilemaster products, they are no better than many other manufacturers but they feel it is.
You not tried Ditra?

O

Old Mod

I've done 100m2 plus floors with Dural and had no issues, but that's in recent years, after their original issues. I must admit having the final mesh layer does appear to make a difference in the bond strength to the mat. Having had a labourer try and remove a 500x700 piece of limestone from it, I could have just told him to cut straight thro the joint and mat in one go to remove it, but I forgot!:D
Truth was I wanted to see just how good it was! Took him 45 mins to hack it off completely :D
It stuck like the proverbial! .....had to cut the mat out anyway, it was destroyed! Good job it wasn't grouted and the last stone of the previous day :)
When using Dural I always try and cut my lengths the previous day and lay it out upside down over night on some corex or something.
Next day it's perfectly flat and much easier to keep flat.
.......having said all that, 9 times outta 10 I use Ditra! Haha :D

O

Old Mod

Yeah Bal Rapid Mat. Used it once. Fits easily but can gather if u push too hard when laying, jobs a year old and no phone call. It was main contractors wish to decouple, confused me a bit, it was a solid ground floor hallway. As it was original style Victorian I couldn't use regular decouplers, tiles were too small, so went with the Rapid Mat.

image.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah Bal Rapid Mat. Used it once. Fits easily but can gather if u push too hard when laying, jobs a year old and no phone call. It was main contractors wish to decouple, confused me a bit, it was a solid ground floor hallway. As it was original style Victorian I couldn't use regular decouplers, tiles were too small, so went with the Rapid Mat.

View attachment 73186
Why can't you use regular decouplers on small tiles?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Most have a minimum tile limit of 50x50mm because of point loading @Dan, it crushes the mat. That's why when a mat is laid ideally it should be boarded temporarily until ready for use.
Unlike the Bal Rapid and I'd assume the Tilemaster, and any similar product.
I see. So is it a different design completely?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Reply to Dural V Ditra Prices in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement