Search the forum,

Discuss Dural V Ditra Prices in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I've done 100m2 plus floors with Dural and had no issues, but that's in recent years, after their original issues. I must admit having the final mesh layer does appear to make a difference in the bond strength to the mat. Having had a labourer try and remove a 500x700 piece of limestone from it, I could have just told him to cut straight thro the joint and mat in one go to remove it, but I forgot!:D
Truth was I wanted to see just how good it was! Took him 45 mins to hack it off completely :D
It stuck like the proverbial! .....had to cut the mat out anyway, it was destroyed! Good job it wasn't grouted and the last stone of the previous day :)
When using Dural I always try and cut my lengths the previous day and lay it out upside down over night on some corex or something.
Next day it's perfectly flat and much easier to keep flat.
.......having said all that, 9 times outta 10 I use Ditra! Haha :D

O

Old Mod

Yeah Bal Rapid Mat. Used it once. Fits easily but can gather if u push too hard when laying, jobs a year old and no phone call. It was main contractors wish to decouple, confused me a bit, it was a solid ground floor hallway. As it was original style Victorian I couldn't use regular decouplers, tiles were too small, so went with the Rapid Mat.

image.jpg

Reply to Dural V Ditra Prices in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen