Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Doorstep tile options in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Element

TF
Reaction score
I have 2 clients both looking for their doorsteps to be tiled. Its some time (18+months) since I did exterior work and the tile I used to use was a 'Peacock ore slate effect' porcelain from Topps but its now discontinued. Am I right to believe that I can only use vitrified porcelain and not glazed porcelain outdoors? If so then I've just read a pretty misleading statement here: Can I use porcelain tiles outside? - Porcelain Superstore - http://www.porcelainsuperstore.co.uk/blog/can-i-use-porcelain-tiles-outside/

I remember also using a black porcelain tile from CTD but both my current clients are looking for some colour on their steps... So, other than actual slate, what are the options? It has to be a rough texture surface (non slip) and neither wants quarry tiles! :)

Ta for your advice

Last edited:
W

White Room

Personally wouldn't want to use a high glazed porcelain outside, be like an ice skating ring in the winter.

L

LM

I have 2 clients both looking for their doorsteps to be tiled. Its some time (18+months) since I did exterior work and the tile I used to use was a 'Peacock ore slate effect' porcelain from Topps but its now discontinued. Am I right to believe that I can only use vitrified porcelain and not glazed porcelain outdoors? If so then I've just read a pretty misleading statement here: Can I use porcelain tiles outside? - Porcelain Superstore - http://www.porcelainsuperstore.co.uk/blog/can-i-use-porcelain-tiles-outside/

I remember also using a black porcelain tile from CTD but both my current clients are looking for some colour on their steps... So, other than actual slate, what are the options? It has to be a rough texture surface (non slip) and neither wants quarry tiles! :)

Ta for your advice
Porcelanosa might be worth a look at

Reply to Doorstep tile options in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks