Discuss Does size really matter? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Tergly

-
Reaction score
Hi there

I have had some tiling done in a downstairs toilet. Tiler has said that I have made it more difficult for him as I changed my mind from 2' x 1' tiles to 1' x 1' (I am sure at the time he said it would not make any difference) which needed more cuts. Would this be true?

He has used 12 sq m of tiles. Another tiler has said 8 sq m max for the area covered.

Thank you for your opinions!

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
What problem do you have? I dont really understand what you are asking for here?

If I had quoted for a certain tile and the client changed it, if that were an issue, I'd tell them prior to commencing works.

Tergly

-
Reaction score
What problem do you have? I dont really understand what you are asking for here?

If I had quoted for a certain tile and the client changed it, if that were an issue, I'd tell them prior to commencing works.
For example, one of the walls has two 1' x 1' tiles plus a cut-off of about two thirds of a tile. If I had chosen the 2' x 1' tiles, he would still have had to cut a tile. I was querying whether this would make that much difference to the job considering the room is about 2' 8 " by 4' 6" (doorway on this wall). He is saying it took him longer. Apologies if I am not explaining very well.

You have made a very valid point about the fact that he could have said something before he started the job.

Reply to Does size really matter? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks