Discuss DIY Forum for DIY Tilers? in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Should I create a DIY forum to direct people away from this forum who are doing DIY jobs?

I could then make our three main forums (tilers, plumbers and electricians) all for professionals and trainees only. I think that's how most networks are doing it. So perhaps we do the same?

Your thoughts?

Upvote 0
D

Dumbo

Think John has a point who would answer ,
If I see something pop up on here which I feel I can contribute to I will , diy or otherwise .
I don't see me logging on to another site.
The only way I see it would work if you had a seperate site but the questions were pushed on to this site , but then what is the point .
Also some diy people learn a lot by lurking here and when they do ask a question it is usually more targeted and less random . Ie asking a specific point rather than I want to tile my house tell me how .

S

Spare Tool

Problem is you can't do DIY electrics it's illegal for a start, or generally plumbing and risk flooding your home, but anyone can have a go at tiling in there own house, granted they won't achieve professional level as that can only come with experience and doing this job day in day out, but let's be honest basic tiling, it's not rocket science is it... I like helping the DIYers out, its basically how I started out myself and think it's a place they can come and get given good sound professional advice for there own projects.
As John said regarding the questions, don't really think it'd be a great idea to let the have a go DIYers give other DIYers advice..

T

Time's Ran Out

Since I joined :)

I can’t comment on how busy the forum was before.

Always a bit quieter in the summer but your limited viewing of all the areas of tilersforums.com will not show the full picture and interest available to all members.
Keep posting and enjoy what is - the best forum for tiling on the www.

D

Dougs Third Go

I think it would be a bad idea Dan that could possibly have repercussions if harmful advice was given.

T

Tile Shop

There is already a DIY forum with a tiling section. DIYNot its called. Some of the advice given on there is hilarious.

Reply to DIY Forum for DIY Tilers? in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks