Search the forum,

Discuss didnt think things could get worse but???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

with business as bad as it is and bills mounting up i honestly didnt think that things could get any worse,,,,oh how wrong i was.
went to play football tonight as i do every monday and wed, the team that we were playing are second in the league one place below us , so a competative game for sure. by halftime we were 5 goals to the good..set up 2 and scored 3. second half and things began to get a bit niggly with a few bad challenges, i collected a long ball about 5 metres from their box looked up to see one of their players steaming towards me with a look of pure hatred on his face (i had megged him about 6 times ) so i layed the ball off for a team mate to strike when.......i felt the most incredible pain in my right ankle and ended up in a heap. This so called footballer
had carried on with his challenge.. a two footed lunge which has snapped my ankle in 2 places and almost had my foot hanging on by the ligaments only. the surgeon who is going to operate on my leg said that my footballing days are now officially over. god knows what i will do now.
chris

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
first of all cj i would be making sure the censored who did this too you has a tatse of his own medicine mate,

in regards to work mate im not sure where you stand with getting help from the state if your self employed..you clearly aint gonna be tiling for a while thats for sure hopefully some of the guys here can help out with ideas regarding benefits and what your entitled too.

hope you get betta soon:thumbsup:

B

brian c

oh **** sorry to hear this Chris,no need for that in football at any level.Did your mates give him a pasting?Hope you are ok and have a successful operation.

D

doug boardley

bleeding hell Chris... are you insured through your club, or otherwise, here's hoping you a speedy recovery mate, altho last time I broke my tib and fib I was outta action for a year:mad2: chin up mate

C

CJ CERAMICS

oh **** sorry to hear this Chris,no need for that in football at any level.Did your mates give him a pasting?Hope you are ok and have a successful operation.
to be honest brian i think the only person to see it was the ref and i didnt think it was that bad till i tried to stand up and my foot wobbled on its own.. but he was sent off and left quickly and his team are refusing to name him incase of reprisals.

C

CJ CERAMICS

bleeding hell Chris... are you insured through your club, or otherwise, here's hoping you a speedy recovery mate, altho last time I broke my tib and fib I was outta action for a year:mad2: chin up mate
its only a local am league playing 7 a side so no insurance. one of our players spoke to the sports village about insurance as we are not allowed to play unless we wear shin pads so as to be insured....but they say that this is an injury which was not caused by negligence on their part.

W

White Room

I take it that because it's "Sport" there's no claim against the other guy. Just hope it works out for you Chris, thats some injury.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Big pain in the butt you could do without...or foot

I had the same 16 years ago............never played again, but at least I was employed then, so got the sick pay.

Not sure wot happens when youe self employed

C

CJ CERAMICS

I take it that because it's "Sport" there's no claim against the other guy. Just hope it works out for you Chris, thats some injury.
the sports centre were we play say that this can be classed as assault and dealt with by the police. as long as i have a witness to confirm that it was deliberate and we can trace the player.. but sadly the players do not have to be registered just the team and i cant see them telling us who it was.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I don't know what I can say mate, I just hope things work out for you in the long term. The other 'player' though, well, words and deeds would be best kept off open forum.

Good luck.

Reply to didnt think things could get worse but???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen