Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Delays due to lack of lorry drivers causing any delays in your work? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

N

Nic Haysey

Please checkout the following advertisement.
It has had an impact, internal doors, particularly bespoke items- have had big delays, stock levels on all sorts of items such as kitchen fittings, sheet wood as you guys have mentioned, kitchen appliances with no real lead times, which has a knock on effect on project deliverables which then puts the next project out and the next.
Hoping things will start to ease and settle down over the next few months as we all figure out the new normal.
Hey ho, we'd be bored without a challenge to overcome here and there 😆.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had been pre-warned of price hikes due to transport costs going up…….by my local supplier…..but as yet, nothing. Although they did have trouble getting a delivery of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/…….but had put some away for me ;)

B

Ben Tiler

Yes, definitely. I buy all my gear from a local company (who ships all over) called Rocatex, they manufacture their own products and the issues with stock have been crazy. At one point they couldn’t get bags printed so we’re just getting given plain white bags of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ 😂
I feel sorry for these companies it must be stressful!

L

Louiss

Maybe all need stock up a bit on things like that. And fixings and things that go along with it.

I think it'll get a lot worse before it gets better.
Sorry but this is also why there is such shortages on the shelves in merchants because people are panic buying all the materials whereas if we all just bought the materials we need maybe 2 weeks in advance then stock would be lasting for everyone

Reaction score
I haven't come across any shortages at all in anything................except Topps Tiles., who I rarely if ever shop in. Their stock situation has been, for many years, absolutely shocking. How they manage to keep going is beyond me. And in reply to previous posts, I can't blame Brexit for anything, no matter how hard I look. Twats piling into a petrol station? That will be the BBC then. Definitely NOT Brexit. Listen fellow tilers, stay safe out there. Theres a bathroom near you needing tiled.

Reaction score
The 45 square metre of tiles I had prepped everything for and were supposed to turn up today from Topps, didn't. No guarantee of when they will either. They cant get them into the country apparently (The Everscape outdoor 20mm pocleain 600 x 600's). Bit irritating, but the client understands. First major issue ive really had.

When the cement was all running out, I did buy a pallet of it. That also reduced the price to £9 a bag and I have plenty of storage space, so when I'm almost through this pallet, I'll be ordering another one regardless of shortages or not. Also, as I'm well booked up, I've started to contact the other jobs which are booked in to make sure they have their tiles ordered well in advance! Everything up until December already have their tiles. Just a shame these guys didnt have them delivered early and stored, but we didnt realise at the time that this situation would unfold.
The keyword is TOPPS.

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
The keyword is TOPPS.
I use them all the time though mate and honestly never have any problems. This order has been a right absoloute shower though! Then, open the pallets up and out of the first 30 tiles, 9 were bloody damaged. Not great really and I'm so stacked with work, I really can't afford hold ups like that. Just puts me under pressure which I really don't want or need. Not that any of it's my fault. I just hate pushing clients back and messing them and the other tradesmen about.

Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)

I use them all the time though mate and honestly never have any problems. This order has been a right absoloute shower though! Then, open the pallets up and out of the first 30 tiles, 9 were bloody damaged. Not great really and I'm so stacked with work, I really can't afford hold ups like that. Just puts me under pressure which I really don't want or need. Not that any of it's my fault. I just hate pushing clients back and messing them and the other tradesmen about.
I feel your pain.

Reply to Delays due to lack of lorry drivers causing any delays in your work? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock