Search the forum,

Discuss Decoupling or not..... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

inspiredandy

Evening all.
I am in negotiation with a client over a tiling job. 33sqm tumbled marble over two substrates on a kitchen floor. One side floor boards one side concrete, I have priced to over board timber and pour levelling compound on the concrete to make the levels up. I have also priced to install decoupling membrane over the whole floor but wonder if its a bit over kill. My price is about xxxx (no prices in the open forum) a drift but client wants me to carry out the install. Thoughts appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator:
P

p4ulo

Make sure you put a movement strip between the two different floors too, and deffo decoupling for absolute piece of mind, espec with natural stone.

O

On one

and mine.......but then the client will say they dont want an expansion strip in the middle of there tumbled marble floor!
But then custom made colour coordinating expansion joints are available to mitigate this problem. Available at short notice and to match any coloured grout you care to mention.
Not ideal.....but the other option is going back in a number of months to replace a hairline crack right across the floor

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Why would you need a decoupler ?
Is there ufh ?
Id put a movement joint in, work from where the 2 meet, and silicone instead of grout

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just the fact it's tumbled marble I think mate. Which is quite weak.

Personally I'd trust the adhesive and not bother.

Reply to Decoupling or not..... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen