Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Decoupling Membranes with heat mat in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

Stevie J

Please checkout the following advertisement.
So this is my first post and wanted to see how others do it, as I don't know if I'm creating more work than is required.

When doing a room with electric underfloor heating, if on a timber or concrete floor I tend to fit 10mm insulation board, then lay the underfloor heating cable, lay self levelling compound, then lay dural membrane and then tile.

Now my question is, is there any need for me to lay the dural matting, my thought is to prevent any movement generated by the heat, but then if using a marmox board below the cable is the movement potentially created lost in this decoupling membrane? I know if I weren't to use a board (Marmox) on the floor initially then slc and then Dural is correct, but just got me thinking about what others do when using a board below?

OP
F

Flintstone

No need for the dural unless using stone, imo. But if you want uncoupling then the easiest and most cost effective way for you would be to use a kit that the wire goes into the mat it’s self such as Vario PRO, dcm pro, ditra heat, etc etc there are loads of brands.

Reply to Decoupling Membranes with heat mat in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock