TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Decoupling Membranes with heat mat in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
S

Stevie J

So this is my first post and wanted to see how others do it, as I don't know if I'm creating more work than is required.

When doing a room with electric underfloor heating, if on a timber or concrete floor I tend to fit 10mm insulation board, then lay the underfloor heating cable, lay self levelling compound, then lay dural membrane and then tile.

Now my question is, is there any need for me to lay the dural matting, my thought is to prevent any movement generated by the heat, but then if using a marmox board below the cable is the movement potentially created lost in this decoupling membrane? I know if I weren't to use a board (Marmox) on the floor initially then slc and then Dural is correct, but just got me thinking about what others do when using a board below?

UK Pro Tiling Training
F

Flintstone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No need for the dural unless using stone, imo. But if you want uncoupling then the easiest and most cost effective way for you would be to use a kit that the wire goes into the mat it’s self such as Vario PRO, dcm pro, ditra heat, etc etc there are loads of brands.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reactions
440 1
Or, just self level over the cables with 2 part self level.....no Dural.

R

Rookery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't uncouple either unless I was fixing stone.

Reply to Decoupling Membranes with heat mat in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.